Integrated Builders completed the adaptive re-use of the former J. H. Emerson Company factory into a sustainable 16-unit condominium complex named Emerson Lofts. The team collaborated with O’Sullivan Architects to overcome the challenge of maintaining the historic aspects while updating the energy efficiency of the building.
Throughout the project, Integrated Builders restored and reused 95% of the building’s existing brick and timber structure to maintain the original character of the former factory. They brought the 1909-dated building into this millennium with the instillation of a high performance TPO white roof, energy efficient HVAC systems and double hung insulated glass windows. Following green trends, the project team diverted 75% of construction debris away from landfills to reduce the project’s carbon footprint.